- Ling-Chieh Chen
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- War and Postal Communication in Republican China, 1916-1949
- Year of Study:
My PhD research project explores the national and international expansion and maintenance of postal communications in China during the protracted wars of the early twentieth century and analyses the impact of war on private correspondence and people’s daily life.
- “Slim Fingers and Soft-spoken Voice: The Female Switchboard Operators in Colonial Taiwan” (玉纖輕撮話纔通—日治時期臺灣的電話女接線生). Research on Women in Modern Chinese History (近代中國婦女史研究) 27 (June 2016): 95-190.
- “The Development and Transformation of ‘Syakkaw’ in Qing Dynasty” (清代錫口的發展與變遷). Taipei Historical Documents Quarterly (臺北文獻) 176 (June 2011): 163-204.
- “The Establishment of Formosa Postal Service in Late Qing” (論清末臺灣新式郵政之創設). In China, Taiwan and Hong Kong Graduate Students’ Selected Articles on History 2009 (兩岸三地歷史學研究生研討會論文選集2009), ed. by Profs. HU Chuen Huey, Shao-li Lu and Youwei Xu, 497-516. Taipei: Department of History, National Chengchi University, 2010.
- “Robert Hart and the Origin of Chinese New Postal System” (赫德與近代中國新式郵政起源之研究). Shisui (史穗) 2 (2009): 81-111."
- AAS-in-Asia 2019 Conference: Asia on the Rise? Bangkok, Thailand, 1-4 July, 2019.
- Asian Studies Conference Japan (ASCJ) 2019. Saitama University, Japan, 29-30 June 2019.
- European Association for Chinese Studies (EACS) 2018 22nd Biennial Conference. University of Glasgow, 29 August-1 September 2018.
- British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) 2017 Annual Conference. University of Glasgow, 7-9 September 2017.
- British Postgraduate Network for Chinese Studies (BPCS) 2017 Annual Conference: From local to global: regional aspects of China. University of Sheffield, 14-15 June, 2017."
- British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS)
- European Association for Chinese Studies (EACS)