- Mr Julian Boys
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Industrialisation through regionalism? Policy space, industrial policy and upgrading in the East African Community textiles and apparel sector
- Year of Study:
Julian is a final year PhD candidate and Senior Teaching Fellow in the Department of Economics at SOAS. He also works as a consultant and researcher on economic policy issues for international organisations, social businesses and NGOs. He was previously an economic adviser to the governments of Haiti and the UK.
- Boys, J. & Andreoni, A. (2020) ‘Value chain directionality, upgrading, and industrial policy in the Tanzanian textile and apparel sectors’, UNU-WIDER Working Paper 2020 850-4. https://doi.org/10.35188/UNU-WIDER/2020/850-4
- Andreoni, A., J. Boys & S. Torreggiani (2020) Building and Utilizing Productive Capacities in Africa and the LDCs: A Holistic and Practical Guide. UN: UNCTAD.
- Boys, J. & Walsh, A. (2020). Economic interventions to manage popular unrest. K4D Helpdesk Report 753. Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies.
- Walsh, A & Boys, J. (2020). The political economy of fossil fuel subsidies in the Middle East and North Africa. K4D Helpdesk Report 835. Brighton, UK: Institute of Development Studies.
- Boys, J. (2014) ‘Jobs, Votes and Legitimacy: The Political Economy of the Mozambican Cashew Processing Industry’s Revival’. Forum for Development Studies, 41(1), 23–52. https://doi.org/10.1080/08039410.2013.856812