- Miss Yunzi Han
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Representing Sexual Politics in Walled Societies: A Comparative Study of Chinese and Iranian Cinemas since the Late 1990s (Working title)
Yunzi Han is in the third year of her PhD at SOAS. Her research interests focus on the representation of sexuality and gender politics in the contemporary cinema of China and Iran. She has educational background at Communication University of China, KCL, and UCL. She has recently completed fieldwork in Iran based at International Center for Persian Studies of University of Tehran.
- Han, Yunzi. “Representing Sexuality on Screen in Walled Societies: A Comparative Reading of Iranian Film The May Lady (Rakhshan Banietemad, 1998) and Chinese Film Army Nurse (Hu Mei, 1985).”
- In ReFocus: The Films of Rakhshan Banietemad, edited by Maryam Ghorbankarimi. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2020. (Forthcoming)
- Visible and Invisible Walls: Representing Sexuality in Divorce on Screen -- A Comparative Reading of Chinese Film Fengshui (Wang Jing, 2012) and Iranian Film The May Lady (Rakhshan Banietemad, 1998). BAFTSS Annual Conference. University of St Andrews, St Andrews, 16-18 April 2020 (Accepted).
- Co-organizer and speaker: From Veil to Uniform: A Comparative Reading of Iranian Film The May Lady and Chinese Film Army Nurse. New Interdependencies in Chinese Cinema: Glocal Production and Cultural Hybridity. UCL, London, 18th November 2019. This symposium is funded by British Association of Film, Television and Screen Studies (BAFTSS) and UCL Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS).
- Representing Female Sexuality on Screen in Walled Societies: A Comparative Reading of Chinese and Iranian Cinemas since the Late 1980s. Fourth Biennial Symposia Iranica. University of St Andrews, St Andrews, 13-14 April 2019.