Visiting Research Fellow
- Dr Samani Pratibha Pragya
- Email address:
- SOAS University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
I am a scholar of Jain Studies and my specialisms include the Terāpanth lineage, to which I belong as a Samani (saint). My current research centres on the history and methods of modern Jain meditation and yoga. At present I am working as a Research Assistant at SOAS with Dr Flügel on Terāpanth data pertaining to the Jaina-Prosopography project.
- Terāpanth Prabodh: Eka Adhyayan. In Terāpanth Kā Rajasthānī Kā Avadāna. Jain Vishva Bhāratī Saṁshtān, Lāḍanūṁ (1993), pp. 194-200.
- Saṅghapuruṣa: The Human Body as a Symbol of the Saṅgha. In: CoJS Newsletter, Issue 1 (2006), pp. 20-21.
- Prekṣā Meditation: History and Methods. In: CoJS Newsletter, Issue 8, (2013), pp. 36-37.
- Education and the Transmission of Values: A Jain Perspective. Pontifical Gregorian University. Pro Dialogo, Bulletin 150 (2015). pp. 130-34.
- Ācārya Mahāprajña’s Sanskrit Work Aśruvīṇā and its Canonical Sources. In the forthcoming volume of Jaina Narratives (Forthcoming SOAS Publication).
- Blurring the Distinction between Dhyāna and Svādhyāya in Jayācārya’s Writings on Meditation. In the forthcoming volume of PUṢPIKĀ. (forthcoming Oxford Publication).
- Yoga and Meditation in Jain Tradition. In the forthcoming volume of ROUTLEDGE Handbook of Yoga and Meditation Studies (Forthcoming SOAS Publication).