Professor at the Law School of the University of Brasilia (UnB). PhD in History from UnB. MSc in Law from UnB. Bachelor’s degree in Law. Majoring fields: History of Law; History of Brazilian Law; Legal Education; Women’s Law; Law & Literature. Extensive experience with evaluations of law courses for Brazil’s Ministry of Education, and with the design of pedagogical projects. Coordinates research and extension project in Human rights and gender.
Law and society
Research group focused on linkages among rights, social sciences and philosophy
Human rights and gender: Lessons on law and citizenship
Continuous extension project linked to the Extension Office of the University of Brasilia. This project has been active since 2004 with the task of coordinating a Popular Legal Promoters course, which cultivates a dialogue space for themes of law, citizenship and justice in connection with gender issues. This course is exclusively taught to women in two locations of the Federal District’s periphery – Ceilândia and São Sebastião – to encourage a critical outlook regarding sexist attitudes and violations of rights. This project also seeks to promote extension activities among university students, based on the view that extension is one of the leading pathways to high level legal education and training.
- (2017) APOSTOLOVA, Bistra S. O debate sobre a fundação dos cursos jurídicos no Brasil (1823-1827). Uma reavaliação [“The debate on the creation of law courses in Brazil (1823-1827): a re-evaluation”]. In VARIA HISTÓRIA (UFMG. Printed), v.33, p.419 – 458.
- (2014) APOSTOLOVA, Bistra S.; Fonseca L.; Sousa Júnior, José Geraldo. Introdução crítica ao direito das mulheres [“A critical introduction to women’s law”]. Brasilia: CEAD, Fundação Universidade de Brasília, 2014, v.1
- (2014) APOSTOLOVA, Bistra; TOKARSKI, Carolina. Promotoras Legais Populares: Subjetividades autônomas e rebeldes também na universidades [“Popular legal promoters: Autonomous and rebel subjectivities also in the universities”]. In: Introdução Crítica ao direito das mulheres [“A critical introduction to women’s law”]. 1 ed. Brasilia: CEAD - Fundação Universidade de Brasília, 2014, v.5, p. 19-22.
- (2007) APOSTOLOVA, Bistra S. Direito e literatura: no caminho da aproximação [“Law and literature: on the path of approximation”]. Notícia do Direito Brasileiro [“Brazilian Law Review”], v. 1, p. 93-110, 2007.
- (1998) APOSTOLOVA, Bistra Stefanova. O Poder Judicário: do Moderno ao Contemporâneo [“The Judiciary Branch: from modern to contemporary”]. Porto Alegre: Sérgio Antônio Fábris Editor.