Robério Paulino holds a degree in Economics from the Faculty of Economics, Administration and Accounting of the University of São Paulo, FEA - USP (2000), and a Ph.D. (2006) in Economic History from the same university. Currently, he is Associate Professor II, at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, at the Department of Public Policy - DPP, at the Center for Human, Letters and Arts Sciences - CCHLA. His doctoral thesis focused on the causes of the explosion of the former USSR, from which he published the book Socialism in the 20th Century: what went wrong?, in the third edition. He has experience in Public Policy, Public Sector Economics, Economic and Social Development, Political Economy, General Economic History and Regional Development. He is accompanying the unfolding of the Global Economic Crisis opened in 2008, with published articles, in particular researching the transformations that have occurred in the world economy. It also looks at the catch-up strategies of Asian countries, such as South Korea and China, which have allowed these countries a faster economic and social development. He has supervised numerous course completion papers, master’s dissertations and was a member of various boards. Develops extension projects in the areas of Environmental Education, Urban Arborization and Reforestation of the Brazilian Semi-Arid.
- Deregulation, Decentralization, and Reconcentration of Income in the US Crisis. 2014 – Revista de Economia e História Econômica. Vol. 1, Serie 31. ISSN 1807-267X
- The dilemma of the Cuban Revolution. Socialism: bread or freedom? 2004. Revista Margem Esquerda. Vol. 10/2004. Série 4. ISSN 1678-7684
Books and chapters
- Socialism in the 20th Century: What went wrong? 2017. Author. Publisher: Caravela Selo Cultural. Third revised and updated edition printed and digital. ISBN 9788569247524
- The State as oppressor and civilizer. 2017. Organizer. Publisher: EDUFRN. Printed and digital version on international platforms. ISBN 9788542507676
- The impact of conditional cash transfer programs in Brazil and their limits. 2018. Chapter in the book The Political Economy of Lula’s Brazil. Organizer: Pedro Chadarevian. Publisher: ROUTLEDGE. New York. ISBN 9781138050242
- 21st century: the world in convulsion. Organizer. In the press at EDUFRN, with publication expected still in 2019. Includes a chapter of Professor Alfredo Saad, of SOAS.