- Mr Arkmore Kori
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Parliamentary Committees and Good Governance in Africa: A Comparative Study of Kenya and Zimbabwe
- Year of Study:
I have worked for more than fifteen years in different organisations as a development worker, practitioner and leader. I have practical experiences in the following: Program/Project Cycle Management; Evidence based research, advocacy and liaisons; Parliamentary analysis and policy advocacy; Electoral Processes and Elections; Human rights and democracy; Citizenship pedagogy, transformation and development; Environmental conservation and sustainable use of natural resources; Conflict analysis and peace building; Humanitarian interventions and sustainable livelihoods.
My project examines the efficacy of parliamentary committees from Kenya and Zimbabwe in asserting good governance. It identifies what parliamentary committees are, how they have evolved, why they exist, what they do and how they influence politics. My study is intended to deepen comprehension and appreciation of African institutions, African democracy and African governance.
- 2013: “Zimbabwe’s 2013 Harmonised Elections: Were they Peaceful?” in Silveira House Peace Bulletin 2nd issue/October 2013 pages 6-9.
- 2013: ‘Elections in Zimbabwe: A Special Report in America' in The National Catholic Review on http://americamagazine.org/content/all-things/elections-zimbabwe-special-report.
- 2013 ‘Will Self-Reliance Replace Dependency Syndrome: Making Use of the Social Doctrine’ in Mukai, Jesuit Journal for Zimbabwe, No. 64, April 2013.
- 2010: ‘Good Governance Song: The Church Must Dance’ in The Catholic Church News, Aug/Sept 2010.
- 2009: ‘Water, Water at Last’ at http://www.zimbabwesituation.com/oct6a_2009.html#Z13
- 2008: Homosexuality and Gender Clouding Constitutional Awareness’ at http://www.kubatana.net/html/archive/opin/100505ak.asp?sector=OPIN&year=0&range_start=1; http://www.zimbabwesituation.org/?p=13197).
Scramble for a new constitution (www.kubatana.net/html/archive/opin/090601ak.asp?sector=LEGISL&year=.
- 2008: 'The Church and the Land Question: Contradictions and Challenges’ in Moyo, S et al (eds) (2008) Contested Terrain: Land Reform and Civil Society in Contemporary Zimbabwe, Pietermaritzburg, S & S Publishing, pages 305-339.
- 2008: 'Prejudice and Practical Help: Significance of HIV and AIDS Education – The Experience of One Development Education Centre'. Harare: Silveira House.
- 2008: 'Opening Eyes: The Role of Training for Transformation in Community Development (co-author). Harare, Silveira House.
- 2006: Makorokoza: Small-Scale Gold Mining in Midlands Province of Zimbabwe. Gweru: Mambo Press.
- 2005: Poverty and HIV/AIDS in Chirumanzu District (Zimbabwe). Gweru: Mambo Press