Senior Teaching Fellow & Research Admissions Tutor
Research Cluster Member
- Dr Veli Yadirgi
- Email address:
- Office No:
- Academic Support Hours:
- Fridays 12 - 2pm
Veli holds a B.A. in Philosophy (King’s College, London), an MSc. in Global Politics (LSE), and a PhD (SOAS), and has worked as a political correspondent and editor in different media companies in Europe.
- (Forthcoming, April 2021) The Cambridge History of the Kurds. (With Prof. Hamit Bozarslan and Dr Cengiz Gunes). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- (2018) The Political Economy of the Kurds of Turkey: From the Ottoman Empire to the Turkish Republic.Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Choice Outstanding Academic Titles List 2018 – Commissioned by the Association of College & Research Libraries (US).
- The BKFS Book Prize 2018, Runner-Up Award – Co-commissioned by the University of Cambridge, the British Society for Middle Eastern Studies, and the British-Kuwaiti Friendship Society (BKFS).
Edited Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- (22 (6) 2020) ‘Special Issue on Turkey: Transformations in Kurdish Politics and Society.’ Guest Co-Editors: Cengiz Gunes and Veli Yadirgi. Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
- (22 (6) 2020) ‘Turkey’s Kurdish Question in the Era of Neoliberalism.’ Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies.
- (Forthcoming, 2021) ‘The Changing Political Economy of Turkey’. In Routledge Handbook on Contemporary Turkey. Edited by Joost Jongerden. New York and London: Routledge.
- (2020) ‘The Political Economy of Turkey’s Kurdish Question’. In The Kurds in the Middle East: Enduring Problems and New Dynamics. Edited by Mehmet Gurses and David Romano. New York and London: Lexington Books – The Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group. pp. 49-78.
- (2018) ‘De-development in Eastern and Southeastern Anatolia.’ In Routledge Handbook on the Kurds. Edited by Michael M. Gunter. New York and London: Routledge, pp. 139-56.