Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Ms Veronica Ferreri
- Email address:
- SOAS University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Office Hours:
- Tuesdays 10am - 11am or by appointment - Term 1
- Thesis title:
- Creating a Syrian Subject, perceiving the Syrian State. Displacement, violence and fantasy of the state among Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Year of Study:
This PhD research investigates how the relationship between the Syrian state and its “displaced” citizens (both entitled of the refugee status or not) shapes their life experiences in Lebanon and trajectories of future migration through official documents, national laws and governmental practices together with tactics of warfare and counterinsurgency.
Book Review of "Borders, Asylum and Global Non-Citizenship. The Other Side of the Fence". Nordic Journal of Migration Research 2016/1.
Summer Academy "Re-Configuring the (Non-)Political Performing and Narrating Change and Continuity”. Research Network Re-Configurations, Philipps-Universität Marburg. Tunis, August-September 2016.
BRISMES Annual Conference. Lampeter, July 2016. Paper presentation.
Annual Conference of the Italian Society for Middle Eastern Studies (SeSaMO). Catania, March 2016. Chaired Panel on 'Constructions of the self and refugee-ness'
Conference “The ‘State’ of Lebanon: concepts of a political order in crisis”, Orient Institut Beirut – Max Weber Stiftung. Beirut, October 2015. Paper presentation.
International Refugee Conference, Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford. March, 2014. Paper presentation.
Postgraduate Conference, Centre for Syrian Studies, University of St Andrews. June, 2013. Paper presentation.
- British Society for Middle Eastern Studies (BRISMES)
- Italian Society for Middle Eastern Studies (SeSaMO)
- Trajectories of Change, Zeit-Stiftung.