Sena is a PhD Candidate at SOAS and a human rights and development consultant. Prior to starting her doctoral research Sena worked at Amnesty International's Secretariat in London, and before that she held posts in Malaysia, Thailand, and Myanmar with a variety of international, UN, and local non governmental organisations. For the past two years Sena has been in Myanmar conducting her doctoral field-work and setting up an exciting project on Migration and Development in the country's Chin State. Most recently, she founded the Chin State Academic Research Network, which aims to support the emergence of an academic community engaging in scholarly discussions on Chin State.
- New Directions in Research on Myanmar, SOAS-Oxford Graduate Student Workshop, Oxford University, June 2018
- International Studies Association Annual Convention, San Francisco, April 2018
- 2nd International Conference on Burma/Myanmar Studies (ICBMS), University of Mandalay, February 2018
- Politics Across the Spectrum, SOAS PhD Conference, London, June 2014
The Human Rights Regime in Burma, Inside Out and Outside in: Politics Across the Spectrum, SOAS PhD Conference, June 2014
- Affiliated Researcher, Regional Center for Social Science and Sustainable Development (RCSD), Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Founder and convener, Chin State Academic Research Network