- Biye Gao
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Gender, Class and Reproduction in Post-Socialist Rural China (working title)
- Year of Study:
This study endeavours to represent Chinese birth planning officials, married and unmarried mothers' reproductive agency through a post-modern, post-colonial and post-structural feminist approach, based on a fieldwork conducted in Hunan, China.
- Biye Gao (2013):“历史唯物主义与当代中国文化发展”学术研讨会综述”(Review of the Symposium on Historical Materialism and Contemporary Development of Chinese Culture, 哲学研究 (Philosophy Study).
- Biye Gao (2015): ' Review of ʺthe birth of Chinese feminism: essential texts in transnational theoryʺ edited by Lydia H. Liu, Rebecca E. Karl, and Dorothy Ko', Feminist Review, 110: e9-e11.
- Biye Gao (2016):“青年毛泽东的女权主义思想述评”(An Analysis of Mao Zedong’s Early Feminist Thoughts), 中华女子学院学报 (Journal of China Women’s College), Issue 6.
- Biye Gao (2017): “State, Family and Women’s Reproductive Agency in China”, feminist@law, Vol 6, No 2.
- ʺSites of Governmentality and Transgression: Chinese Women’s Reproductive Body under Contemporary Reproductive Politicsʺ, School of Law, Sciences Po, Paris. Law and Boundaries 2015 Conference, June 17-18, 2015
- “‘Performative Bodies: Women's Reproductive Agency in Contemporary China”, PECANS 2016 Workshop: ‘My Body, my Property’: Autonomy and Relationality, School of Law, University of Leeds, 17th March, 2016
- “Chinese Rural Women’s Reproductive Agency under Coercion: A Relational Feminist Approach”, Using Feminist Approaches: A Socio-Legal Research Roundtable, Discussant: Professor Rosemary Hunter, School of Law, University of Kent, 24th May 2016
- “Technology and Reproductive Governance in an Information Era in China”, “Dynamic China” British Postgraduate Network for Chinese Studies 2016 Annual Conference, Lau China Institute, King’s College London, 23-24 June 2016
- "Gender, Technology and Maternal Subjectivities: a Case Study of Young Mothers in China", “Gender and Digital Cultures” Conference, Cardiff University, 17th November 2016
- Participant of the IGLP (Institute for Global Law and Policy) Asian Regional Workshop organized by Harvard Law school and The Thailand Institute of Justice, Presented a Paper “State, Family and Women’s Reproductive Agency in China”, Bangkok, 6-11 Jan, 2017