- Andriana Koumbarou
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- The expression of focus in Hindi: A Dynamic Syntax approach
- Year of Study:
- Passed 9 April 2020
This project investigates the cross-linguistic variation in syntactic and morphological focus realisation from a dynamic perspective. Under such a view, focus effects are analyzed as emerging out of the interaction of contextual information and semantic structure-building mechanisms in utterance interpretation. The project pays special attention to focus phenomena in Hindi.
- Visible and Invisible Walls: Representing Sexuality in Divorce on Screen -- A Comparative Reading of Chinese Film Fengshui (Wang Jing, 2012) and Iranian Film
- The May Lady (Rakhshan Banietemad, 1998). BAFTSS Annual Conference. University of St Andrews, St Andrews, 16-18 April 2020. (Accepted)
- Co-organizer and speaker: From Veil to Uniform: A Comparative Reading of Iranian Film The May Lady and Chinese Film Army Nurse.
- New Interdependencies in Chinese Cinema: Glocal Production and Cultural Hybridity. UCL, London, 18th November 2019. This symposium is funded by British Association of Film, Television and Screen Studies (BAFTSS) and UCL Institute of Advanced Studies (IAS)
- Representing Female Sexuality on Screen in Walled Societies: A Comparative Reading of Chinese and Iranian Cinemas since the Late 1980s
- Fourth Biennial Symposia Iranica. University of St Andrews, St Andrews, 13-14 April 2019.