Staff Learning and Development
This site has been designed to give you core information on all staff learning and development activities available for all SOAS staff, whether new starters, post-probationers, mid-career, academic, research, teaching or administrative staff.
Within these pages we provide information on:
- Courses and workshops available in-house and externally
- Resources and materials you can access for personal development
- Key information for new starters
- Information on the role and remit of the Staff Learning and Development Section
- Health and Safety networks
- Staff Development Review
- Staff Development Report 2015-16
- Staff Development Report 2014-15
Whatever your role or length of employment at the School, we are sure you'll find these pages useful to support you in your role and to enhance your career prospects within the School.
As part of an on-going process to improve and enhance the services Staff Learning and Development provides to SOAS staff, we are implementing a number of initiatives to aid the personal and professional development of every staff member at SOAS.
- eLAMP: Launching in September 2017, the Emerging Leaders and Managers Programme (eLAMP) will provide accessible and relevant professional development for aspiring and current higher education managers.
- Wellbeing: In response to feedback from staff, we have developed a Staff Wellbeing page on MySOAS with wellbeing information and resources.
- External Job Shadowing: All professional services staff can now apply to job shadow at a number of other HEIs in London. See OutsideInsight for further information.
- External Mentoring: As part of a pilot scheme, professional services staff can either be mentored by or be a mentor to staff from LSHTM and LSE. Find out more on the mentoring page.
- Website for New Staff: Staff Learning and Development have created a comprehensive website for New Staff
Service Level Agreement
This Staff Development Service Level Agreement (pdf; 66kb) supports the HR Strategy Objectives and Action Plan 2010/11 in setting out clearly the responsibilities for Staff Learning and Development and the responsibilities of those who use the School’s Staff Learning and Development services together with the monitoring arrangements to ensure the services are delivered effectively and to time, wherever possible. If you have any comments about our service use the Comments, Compliments & Concerns (msword; 145kb) to let us know what you think.
Expression of Interest
If you would like to register interest in a course which is either currently not on the calendar or is running on a date you cannot make, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the 'My Training' tab in MyView.
- Serena Yeo (Staff Learning and Development Manager) email@example.com Tel: 4128
- Kimberly Hovish (Staff Learning and Development Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:4123
- Hassan Fiaz (Staff Learning and Development Assistant) email@example.com Tel:4131
Location: College Buildings, Room 472
We hope you find this site useful and welcome feedback or suggestions for improvement.
Best wishes for your future success.
Staff Learning and Development Manager