Managing your grant (open access and data management)
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 7 February 2018Time: 1:00 PM
Finishes: 7 February 2018Time: 3:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: 4426
Type of Event: Workshop
Note: Internal event not open to external attendees.
General / ECRs / PIs
The aim of the course is to give any researcher working on a funded project tips and pointers for effective Data Management, preparation for Data Sharing and the practicalities of Open Access publishing that is now an integral requirement of many funded research grants.
Attending this session will enable you to:
- Recap on the requirements for Open Access publication and Data Management and Sharing for your funder
- Find out how to meet your Open Access and publication requirements of your funder e.g. acknowledging your funder, reporting your publications, different routes to making your publications Open Access
- Learn the essentials of data management to ensure you retain, organize and store your data in line with your funder policy (file naming, versioning, back up strategies)
- Ensure you are collecting and storing and transferring your data in line with Data Protection Legislation and Ethics Procedures
- Find out the training, systems and technical support you can access at SOAS to manage your research data effectively and securely
- Have a basic understanding of the data sharing process for your funder e.g. using the UK Data Archive for RCUK projects or Zenodo for EU projects
You can register on this workshop via Eventbrite.