Managing your first grant (Communicating your research - developing your public engagement)
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Helen Porter / Vesna Siljanovska / Silvia Guizzardi / David Convery
Date: 31 January 2018Time: 1:00 PM
Finishes: 31 January 2018Time: 3:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: 4426
Type of Event: Workshop
Note: Internal event not open to external attendees.
This session is aimed at all academics actively involved in research projects who want to further develop their public engagement. The session will provide participants with an understanding of the importance of a sound communication strategy and communication as a pathway to impact. As well as covering positive engagement with the media, it will look at the use of social media and strategic partnerships as a way to build a strong public profile and reach new audiences. The session will also cover regulations and good practices around academic publishing and open access requirements.
Attending this session will enable you to:
- Define communication milestones within the research cycle
- Turn your experiences into stories / what do journalists want to know
- Build your public profile
- Refresh your knowledge and understanding of academic publishing and Open Access requirements and best practices
- Think about how you can build upon public engagement through communication to accelerate and gather evidence of impact
You can register on this workshop via Eventbrite.