Career and Professional Development
As a package of support for staff during the transition to One Professional Service, Staff Learning & Development are offering various developmental opportunities. These also support recommendations coming out of the actions informed by Promotion Done Better.
Support Programme for One Professional Service:
- Interview Skills Workshop (am) - 1st April 2019 (09.30-12.30; priority booking for staff in ring-fenced matched pool)
- Interview Skills Workshop (pm) - 1st April 2019 (13.30-16.30)
- 1-2-1 Interview Skills Sessions - 2nd April 2019
- 1-2-1 Interview Skills Sessions - 8th April 2019
- Expression of Interest & CV Workshop - 9th April 2019
- Expression of Interest & CV Workshop - 11th April 2019
- Expression of Interest & CV Workshop - 15th April 2019 (10.00-12.00)
- Interview Skills Workshop - 15th April (13.00-16.00)
- 1-2-1 Interview Skills Sessions - 23rd April 2019
An extensive range of resources to help you write application forms, CVs, cover letters and prepare for interviews is available on the MySOAS Successful Applications Careers page. These include handouts on:
- Completing job application forms
- Demonstrating your skills and competencies
- Cover letters and personal statements
- CV Checklist
- Interview Preparation
- Challenging interview questions
- The STAR Model
More resources are available from the SOAS Self-Development Toolkit, such as:
Staff Learning & Development are here to support you and provide you with development opportunities at all stages of your career.
We offer a variety of approaches that you may find will be useful to you, or your whole team. We encourage you to look at the programmes we offer. Do not hesitate to be in touch for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mediation||Ambitious Futures||Self-Development Toolkit|