Information for New Staff
Welcome to SOAS!
We hope you are excited about joining this amazing institution, and we look forward to working with you.
From Welcome Orientation sessions for new staff to ongoing development activities such as job shadowing and mentoring, the Staff Learning & Organisational Development team are here to support you throughout your career.
As a new member of staff, the most important things you need to know are:
- You and your manager should use the Induction Checklist for New Staff as a starting point for helping you settle in.
- You should already have been allocated an Induction Buddy Mentor; if you haven’t, speak to your line manager as soon as possible.
- Please ensure you register to undertake mandatory training as soon as possible.
- The RACE@SOAS page has important information on Race, Accountability, Culture and Equality initiatives at SOAS.
- Other important information for new staff is available on the Human Resources New Staff page ansd will be discussed with you in your first day induction meeting with HR, and the welcome email you have from the recruitment team.
Remote Working as a New Staff Member
Your manager and mentor will help you settle into SOAS but other useful information to help you work remotely can be found:
- IT Services
- Remote Working and Your Wellbeing
- Complete a DSE Assessment and return to / discuss with your manager to make sure your home work station is set up optimally.
You are required to attend the training on the mandatory training page in order to pass probation.
You can view a list of these and other upcoming workshops for all staff on the staff course calendar.