Information for New Staff
Welcome to SOAS! We hope you are excited about joining, and we look forward to working with you. From Welcome Orientation sessions for new staff to ongoing development activities such as job shadowing and mentoring, the Staff Learning & Development team are here to support you throughout your career.
As a new member of staff, the most important things you need to know are:
- You should already have been allocated an Induction Mentor; if you haven’t, speak to your line manager as soon as possible.
- Please ensure you register to undertake mandatory training as soon as possible.
- Other important information for new staff is available on the Human Resources New Staff page
Questions? Check out the FAQ page, or get in touch with the small and friendly SL&D team!
In addition to Orientation, you are required to attend the below trainings in order to pass probation. You will receive emails Staff Learning and Development when the next training is scheduled. Please sign up through MyView.
- Equality and Diveristy Training
- Information Compliance Training
The Staff Learning and Development Office has also developed an Induction Checklist for New Staff (msword; 158kb) to help you find your way round the School and its varied systems. There is also an Induction Checklist for Managers (msword; 139kb) which will guide your manager in helping you settle in.