[skip to content]

Staff Development

Personal Advisers

These pages are designed to support academic staff in their role as a personal adviser or equivalent. Each undergraduate and postgraduate taught masters student has a personal adviser (or equivalent)  who is responsible for his/her welfare and progress while at SOAS, although many other services exist to support advisers and their tutees at all stages of their study. The system of personal advisers is organised through your Faculty Office, so if you have any queries contact them.

Given the diverse backgrounds of today's students the role of the personal adviser is more important than ever to provide advice and support with all sorts of academic and non-academic problems.

Faculty Arrangements

Each Faculty has different support systems in place for their students.