Drop-in Day for Students with Specific Learning Differences (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD and ADD)
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 27 September 2018Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 21 August 2018Time: 3:30 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery Room: B104
Type of Event: 0
DROP-IN DAY FOR STUDENTS WITH SPECIFIC LEARNING DIFFERENCES
(Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADHD and ADD)
Workshops in Room B102 from 13.00 -15.30 - ‘Tips and Strategies for Students with SpLDs Studying at University’
If you are a student with a Specific Learning Difference (SpLD), please come along to:
- Discuss your educational psychologist’s report with the Disability Advisors
- Prepare your individual Study Inclusion Plan including arrangements for exams and other support and adjustments at SOAS
- Receive advice on applying for disability-related funding for study (DSA)
- Meet the Learning Advisors and find out about SpLD workshops and study skills support
- Try out the assistive technology that is available at SOAS to help students with SpLDs.
- See how to make the most of Moodle and e-learning at SOAS
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGIST’S REPORT OR OTHER EVIDENCE BEFOREHAND TO firstname.lastname@example.org OR BRING IT WITH YOU
Or are you concerned that you may have a Specific Learning Difference? Come and talk to our Learning Advisors about it and arrange an appointment for screening.
No need to book, just come along!
Refreshments will be available.
For enquiries regarding this event please contact Angela, Zoë or Caroline by emailing email@example.com or call 020 7074 5015.