Information for Staff: Helping students to succeed
The booklet entitled 'Helping Students to Succeed' (download the PDF from the list on the right) is intended as a practical guide for academic and other staff who have regular contact with students and who in the course of that contact may become concerned about a student’s wellbeing.
It is intended to:
- Highlight some of the factors affecting student wellbeing
- Provide practical guidance to staff on effective and appropriate ways to respond
- Identify sources of support available to staff and students
- Please refer to our drop-in times when referring students to Student Advice and Wellbeing.
- Guidance for Staff responding to students with suicidal feelings (pdf; 50kb)
- Self Help Materials for Students
- Working with Disabled Students
- Complementary Therapies
- Staff Support Helpline (ESP)
- Mitigating Circumstances
- Documentation from the Counselling Service Related to Mitigating Circumstances
- Responding to Distressed Students