SOAS University of London

Student Advice and Wellbeing

Undergraduate Student Support & Fees

EU Students

I'm an EU student, what can I apply for?

Some EU national students can apply for both the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loan. You must show that either:

  • You have lived in the UK for the 5 years preceding the September 1st before your programme starts; or
  • That you have lived in the European Economic Area during the three years, and that you are living in the UK on September 1st (of the year your programme starts), and that you are working, including part-time work.

If you are eligible for funding on this basis, you must continue to work throughout your programme.
Please see Government Student Support on UKCISA for more information about applying as an EEA worker.

I am an EU student but haven't lived in the UK for more than 5 years, what can I get?

Other EU national students, and their family members, can apply in the UK for a tuition fee loan for the tuition fees on the same basis as UK students.

For further details on applying for student finance as an EU student, please see Student finance: EU students on Gov.UK.

You apply using a paper form and will need the correct programme name as listed under UK/EU Tuition Fee Loans » Paper Application.

You may also be eligible for help with living costs from sources in your home country.

Applying for Student Finance

For full information and access to the online application form, please see Student finance at Gov.UK.