Paying in instalments
Paying in instalments
Postgraduate loans from Student Finance
If you are a Master's or Doctoral (PhD Research) student and you are taking out a Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance, please start by reading the postgraduate loans information - the information on this page will not apply to you.
Self- funding students
If you are a self-funding student taking an on-campus degree programme, you can pay your tuition fees in two equal instalments.
Terms and conditions
- 50% of the tuition fees will need to be paid before or at enrolment in September (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct this amount from the first instalment payment).
- You will then need to pay the remaining 50% of the tuition fees by the 14 February 2023. Please note that if you have not paid in full by this date you will lose access to SOAS facilities.
- You can only pay in instalments if your total annual tuition fee is more than £1500.
- You will have to register a debit or credit card as a guarantee for your second instalment
- We will not charge the card if we have already received your payment by the second instalment deadline.
Once you have read and agreed with the above Terms and Conditions, you must register your card.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay your instalments by debit or credit card through SOAS Web Payments
- Go to SOAS Web Payments
- Select the year of study you are paying for (eg, ‘2022/23 tuition fees’).from the drop-down menu,
- Amount to pay: enter 50% of your annual tuition fees (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct £1,000 from this first instalment payment).
- Proceed to pay
Pay your instalments by international bank transfer
Please make sure you pay in GBP to make sure we receive the right amount.
The first payment will need to cover 50% of your tuition fees (if you have paid the postgraduate deposit, please deduct £1,000 from this first instalment payment).
If you pay by bank transfer from a non-UK bank, your bank may make additional charges – please make sure you budget for this.
If you pay through StudentPay you will be able to request the correct amount in GBP.