5 Days 5 Field Trips across radical movements for social change in London to learn, explore and deepen skills for Community Justice! A one week programme for SOAS students and the wider public- welcome to anyone actively seeking artistic, daring, imaginative, theoretical and creative ways for positive and powerful social change. It is free.
This is an action-orientated programme led through daily field-trips with key social, economic, racial and environmental justice movements across London. It is designed for anyone actively seeking artistic, daring, imaginative, theoretical and creative ways for positive and powerful social change. The programme is open to everyone from all backgrounds. The venues are wheelchair accessible and is a safe space for people affected by oppression such as sexism, racism, transphobia, ableism, classism and homophobia as well as others.
Please apply here - SOAS Voice Activist Summer School 22-26 July 2019 - deadline July 15th 6pm.
Final timetable to be announced soon. The sessions include:
1. Building effective movements for social justice workshop
2. Environmental Justice walking tour of London Foil Vedanta
3. Disability Justice workshop with Josh Hepple
4. ‘Labour rights for London’s sex workers’ with East london Strippers Collective .
5. Black Cultural Archives tour and workshop
6. ‘Rebels, strikers and anti-fascists’ East End Walk with David Rosenberg
7. ‘Challenges of anti-fascism’ walking tour with Sukant Chandan.
10. Creative theatre workshop by the NHS Anti-Swindle Team in response to Virgin Care’s takeover of NHS contracts with Ray Malone.
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Mode of Attendance: Full-time
- Open to all - no prior experience of activism required
- 1 week: 22-26 July 2019