Academic Summer School at SOAS
Academic Summer School Key Facts
Assessment and Credits
Students are usually able to obtain credits from their home institution, typically our courses receive:
- 3 credits in the US system
- 7.5 ECTS in the European system.
If you intend to claim credits from your home institution, please check the requirements with them before you enrol. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can, however please be aware that the decision to award credits rests with your home institution.
Assessment will be optional and will vary for each course. Participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance and transcripts will be available on request.
- 70 hours, including 40h language and 30h subject-related
- Monday - Thursday (inclusive)
- 11.00am to 1.00pm: Arabic or Persian language
- 2.00pm to 3.30pm: Government and Politics of the Middle East
- AND/OR 3.30pm to 5.00pm: Culture and Society of the Middle East
Sessions 2 and 3
- 46 hours contact time
- Monday - Friday
- 10am - 3pm: lectures and tutorials
31 May 2019
Entry RequirementsA university student or a graduate at the time of attending the Summer School, and 18+ years of age. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification. Fluency in English, demonstrated through:
- IELTS of 6.5 of higher
- TOEFL iBT of 100 or higher
- Pearson of 70 or higher
- Or equivalent proof
Enrolment of Summer School applicants who don’t meet the entry requirements is at the discretion of SOAS – please get in touch to speak to us in detail about your application.
There is a one-off, non-refundable application fee of £40.
- Session 1 - £2,700
- Sessions 2 & 3 - £1,600
- An early bird discount of 10% is available until 30 March 2018
Other discounts are available for groups, please contact us for further information.
Accommodation is available to Summer School students at the SOAS Halls of Residence, Dinwiddy House. For details of how to book a room please visit the Dinwiddy House accommodation page.