Summer School at SOAS University of London
Academic Summer School Key Facts
Assessment and Credits
Students are usually able to obtain credits from their home institution, typically our courses receive:
• 3 credits in the US system
• 7.5 ECTS in the European system.
Please check with your home institution for further details.
- 77 hours, including 60h language and 17h subject-related
- Monday - Thursday
- 10.00am to 1.00pm: Arabic or Persian language
- 2.00pm to 3.20pm: Government and Politics of the Middle East
- AND/OR 3.40pm to 5.00pm: Culture and Society of the Middle East
Sessions 2 and 3
- 46 hours contact time.
- Monday - Thursday
- 10am - 3pm: lectures and tutorials
- Additional 2 hours on a specified Friday involving content-related optional activities, such as museum or company visits.
- On Fridays, courses open up one of their activities to all Summer School students, giving each student a variety of different activities to attend.
24 May 2017
Entry RequirementsA university student or a graduate at the time of attending the Summer School, and 18+ years of age. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification. Fluency in English, demonstrated through:
- IELTS of 6.5 of higher
- TOEFL iBT of 100 or higher
- Pearson of 70 or higher
- Or equivalent proof
Enrolment of Summer School applicants who don’t meet the entry requirements is at the discretion of SOAS – please get in touch to speak to us in detail about your application.
There is a one-off, non-refundable application fee of £60.
- Session 1 - £2700
- Sessions 2 & 3 - £1500
- An early bird discount of 10% is available if fees are paid by 31 March 2017
- 15% discount for SOAS Alumni or
- 15% discount if you take a combination of sessions 2 and 3
- 20% discount for partner institutions
- 50% fee waiver for current SOAS Students
Other discounts are available for groups, please contact us for further information.
Limited student rooms are available at the SOAS Halls of residence: Dinwiddy House, at a rate of £710 for 20 nights. Please indicate whether you would like a room at Dinwiddy House on your application form.