Academic Summer School goes Online
Academic Summer School Key Facts
Courses will take place online this year and run in two sessions:
- Session 1: 29 June - 10 July 2020
- Session 2: 20 July - 31 July 2020
Applications open on 1st November 2019.
We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis for Session 1 and 2. Apply now to secure your place.
Assessment and Credits
Each Academic Summer School course is worth 15 credits in the UK system. 15 credits is equivalent to 4 credits in the US system and 7.5 ECTS in the European system.
If you wish to gain credit from studying with us, you will complete a form of assessment either during or after your course. For those choosing not to earn credit, no formal assessment will be given. Assessment will vary for each course and more information can be found within course descriptions and course handbooks. Participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance and transcripts will be available to students that are assessed for credit.
If you intend to transfer credit to your home institution, please check the requirements with them before you apply. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can, however please be aware that the decision to transfer credit rests solely with your home institution.
- 150 notional hours
- Monday - Friday
- Study hours are comprised of a range of interactive sessions, independent study, group/forum discussions and a range of assessed e-tivities
A university student or a graduate at the time of attending the Summer School, and 18+ years of age. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification. Fluency in English, demonstrated through:
- IELTS of 6.5 of higher
- TOEFL iBT of 100 or higher
- Pearson of 70 or higher
- Or equivalent proof
Enrolment of Summer School applicants who don’t meet the entry requirements is at the discretion of SOAS – please get in touch to speak to us in detail about your application.
There is a one-off, non-refundable application fee of £40.
- Save £200 if you apply by 17th April
- 10% discount if you apply for two courses over 6 weeks
- 15% discount for SOAS alumni (including Academic Summer School alumni)
- 20% discount for our partner institutions
- Other discounts are available for groups, please contact us for further information.
Please note that discounts cannot be combined.
The Academic Summer School 2020 will be entirely online and therefore accommodation arrangements will not be necessary.