Academic Summer School Ambassador Scholarship 2020
Deadline: 13 March 2020
The SOAS Academic Summer School is delighted to offer six tuition-fee waiver scholarships to passionate students with a desire to make a difference in the world.
The scholarships will cover the tuition fee for one Academic Summer School course in 2020.
Who are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if you are curious about the world around you and want to develop your understanding of global societal issues facing the world today. We are looking for bright, academically driven and highly motivated students with a desire to see the world differently and immerse themselves into the vibrant culture and community at SOAS – because we think the world needs more SOAS!
If this sounds like you, please follow the steps below to apply.
How to Apply
To apply for the Ambassador Scholarship, you must first hold a conditional offer of a place on an Academic Summer School course. To make your application, simply complete our online application form. The deadline for scholarship submissions is 13th March 2020.
Once you have received your conditional offer, you must submit the following:
A video (no longer than two minutes) of yourself answering the following question:
- SOAS inspires students to make a difference in the world. What inspires you and how will your chosen summer course help you to make a difference?
You can approach the creation of your video any way you like – we do not assess the artistic quality of the video, so please feel free to use a mobile phone or tablet when recording.
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Ambassador Scholarship – Your Name’
When will I find out?
Successful applicants will be notified by 20th March 2020. Unsuccessful applicants will be contacted, however due to the high volume of submissions received we will not be able to provide individual feedback.
- Ambassador Scholarship winners will be required to take part in promotional activities to promote the Academic Summer School and the scholarship scheme.
- The scholarships cover the tuition-fee only. Flights and accommodation must be booked separately.
- Please note that the cancellation policy for courses also applies for the Ambassador Scholarship, please ensure that you refer to the summer school terms and conditions for further information.
- Scholarship winners are responsible for ensuring they have the correct visa documentation to attend the SOAS Academic Summer School.