SOAS University of London


Information for Prospective Students from Sweden

Sweden Flag

Welcome to the country page for Sweden. This page contains specific information for students from Sweden.  


Tel: +44 (0)20 7898 4700

Further information on upcoming visits can be found on the Meet SOAS staff in your area web page.

It has been confirmed that current university students from the EU and those applying to courses starting in 2019/20 and 2020/21 will continue to benefit from the same fee rate and access to student loans as UK students.

SOAS FAQ page for current and prospective EU students.

Minimum Entry Requirements

The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.


Fullstandigt Slutbetyg fran Gymnasasieskolan with Grade A in 1100 credits to Grade A in 1700 credits, depending on the course.

How to apply 


Bachelor degree with VG in 90 credits and G in 90 credits or B in 180 credits

How to apply

English Language Requirements

SOAS accepts the Swedish Fullstandigt fran Gymnasieskolan (English) with a score of A for unconditional entry or a score of B/C for entry with an Insessional requirement. For more information, and to view our other acceptable English language qualifications, please click here


SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. A number of scholarships are also provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations. 

UK/EU Funding

EU students who are eligible for UK/EU fees can also apply for a loan from Student Finance. The loan covers your tuition fees, is paid direct to SOAS and does not need to be paid back until after you complete your studies.


SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit the SOAS alumni website.

Useful Links

  • British Council in Sweden
  • British Embassy in Sweden
  • UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education.
  • UKCISA - UK Council for International Student Affairs and provides useful advice and information for international students studying in the UK.