The information published on these pages shows:
- The number of applications for admission on to recognised, undergraduate higher education courses that we have received from UK domiciled applicants.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
- It also shows these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate
- Their ethnicity
- Their socio-economic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
Transparency 2021 information: Attainment of 2019-20 qualifiers
Provider: The School of Oriental and African Studies
Table 1a: Percentage of classified first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2019-20 qualifiers.
Provider: School of Oriental and African Studies
For details of non-numeric values in the following tables, please see the 'Rounding and suppression' worksheet
Table 1a: Percentage of first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2017-18 qualifiers
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||85%|
|3 to 5||94%|
|N/A||Not applicable as no applicants to this mode of study|
|N||24 or fewer students in this population|
|DP||Data suppressed for data protection reasons|
Full Return Information
SOAS University of London Transparency 2021 information: Attainment of 2019-20 qualifiers
Full return including:
- Table 1a: Percentage of classified first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2019-20 qualifiers.
- Table 1b: Detailed information on attainment for 2019-20 qualifiers.
- Transparency 2021 information: Rounding and suppression
Transparency 2021 information: Rounding and suppression
The data contained in the tables in this workbook have been rounded and suppressed as follows:
- Numerators and denominators have been rounded to the nearest 10. Where the numerator or denominator rounds to 20 or less, the data are suppressed with an "N".
- Percentages are rounded according to the smallest, unsuppressed denominator in a given mode and characteristic. If the denominator rounds to:
- 50 or less: percentages are rounded to 5%
- 1000 or less: percentages are rounded to 1%
- More than 1000: percentages are rounded to 0.1%
- "N/A" is displayed where there is no provision in a given mode or level
- "DP" indicates suppression for data protection reasons. This is applied where the numerator is two or less, or differs from the denominator by no more than two students.