SOAS is poised to become the university of the 21st Century; it is concerned with the regions that matter and the issues that matter. The School actively engages with the contemporary world in its aim to promote global understanding, and we provide resources and knowledge that equip people for a global economy and a multicultural Britain.
This mission is the central focus for our widening participation strategy and outreach; the means by which we make higher education accessible to a diverse population concerned with, and passionate about, the world we live in; and is vital to our mission in equipping a society for a multicultural Britain.
Please explore these pages for further information, including sections on:
- Education outreach (taster days, masterclasses, mentoring, and so on)
- Financial support (scholarships and bursaries)
- Bridging Courses (for students about to enter an undergraduate degree at SOAS)
- Student Ambassadors (how to apply)
- Information for Estranged Students and Care Leavers (information and support pre-entry and for current students)
Access & Participation Plan and Access Agreements
Please find the Access & Participation Plan for 2019-20, approved by the Office for Students, available for download on the right-hand side of this page. The plan sets out the School's fee limits, and the measures it plans to implement to widen access and successful participation.
Access Agreements relating to earlier cohorts of students are also available to download from this page.
Key outreach statistics
In the previous academic year:
- SOAS delivered around 150 activities with schools and colleges
- Over 5000 school and college pupils engaged in these activities
- Over 100 Student Ambassadors took part
- Over 60 Academic members of staff from all three Faculties were involved