Financial Support at SOAS
Awards, Bursaries, and Scholarships
SOAS offers a wide-range of awards, bursaries, and scholarships to support our commitment to widening participation. These awards help ensure that SOAS is accessible to all academically talented people irrespective of family background and income.
Applicants for undergraduate degrees will automatically be considered for the following awards:
- SOAS Progression Award [award value = £13,500]
- SOAS Excellence Award [award value = £9,000]
- National Scholarships Programme (NSP) [award value = £3,000]
- SOAS Partner College Award [award value = £500]
Eligibility criteria are different for each award, but common to all above are these requirements:
- You must meet or exceed our entry criteria
- You must be an undergraduate degree student
- You must ordinarily be resident in England
- Your household income must be less than £25, 000 as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE)
The SOAS Alumni & Friends Fund Award and the SOAS Study Support Fund require a separate application. All other awards are made based on the information contained in your UCAS application.
For further information about the new fee changes, please see the Changes to UK, EU Tuition Fees in 2012 page. For enquiries specific to SOAS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.