Urdu Immersion Programme 2019
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 10 June 2019Time: 10:15 AM
Finishes: 12 June 2019Time: 3:30 PM
Venue: SOAS, University of London
Type of Event: Workshop
The aims of Urdu Immersion are to prepare students for the Urdu GCSE, learn more about the culture associated to the language and better understand the value of speaking another foreign language.
To achieve these aims, the Urdu Immersion includes the following:
- Language classes. Students receive five Urdu language-focused sessions. These are led by the SOAS senior Urdu lecturer.
- Urdu Literature, History and Music sessions. These sessions focus on the rich culture that has grown from the Urdu language.
- Group presentation. The group presentation is a chance for students to work with Urdu-speaking student ambassadors and their peers to deliver a presentation in Urdu.
Target Year: Year 9 and 10 students who are speakers of Urdu.
There is a maximum of 10 places per school/college.
This is a Widening Participation Activity. Therefore, we would particularly like to work with students who:
- Would be the first in their family to attend university.
- Have ever been/currently are on Free School Meals.
- Have ever been/currently are in care.
- Are young carers.
- Are refugees.
To book a place, please fill in the online application form.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Deadline: Wednesday 8th May 2019
Organiser: Dan Gomez
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Tel: 020 7898 4877