2017/18 Languages Challenge
Date: 26 September 2017Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 3 May 2018Time: All Day
Type of Event: Workshop
The Languages Challenge is open to all students in Years 8, 9 and 10.
This activity provides an opportunity for learners to:
- apply and develop their existing knowledge of foreign languages through active learning
- use and improve their speaking and listening, reading and writing skills in foreign languages
- explore new languages and their culture with school mates, family and friends
- practice team work, collaborative learning and use their creativity whilst drawing on a range of skills and
- understanding how languages apply to ICT, Geography, Languages, Science, Food Technology, Art and Design, English, Music, etc.
Following last year's feedback and suggestions we have :
- Created a ‘make-your-own’ task. Following the enormous feedback from students who wanted to think outside of the box, we now give teams the opportunity to design a task themselves!
- Put a bigger emphasis on creativity. It is important that teams use their own initiative and be as creative as possible, it makes the task much more enjoyable for teams and judges.
- Asked teams to focus more on teamwork. This is a team effort and we want the tasks to reflect the hard work and ideas of everyone in the team.
Please contact Renata Albuquerque on email@example.com for more information.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Tel: 020 7898 4745