THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 23 October 2017Time: 10:00 AM
Finishes: 27 October 2017Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Type of Event: Workshop
The Step On is a cross-curricular programme, linking languages to a range of subjects taught at SOAS. Its is aimed at preparing students to make successful transitions to sixth form, further studies and/or life long learning.
Applicants should be interested in the humanities and willing to be challenged.
The programme is very interactive. It will require students to take an active role in individual and group activities.
Step On International Relations & South East Asia will take place over October half-term and include:
- Master-classes on History, Economics and Politics with a focus on South East Asia
- Introduction to Indonesian language and culture
- Debate and study skills sessions leading to a short personal research project
- Talks on studying at university, financing your degree and a campus tour
Working with a team of academics, trainers and university students, participants will also be expected to conduct a personal project on a topic of their choice. There will be regular follow-up sessions leading to a show-and-tell at the end of the week.
Sessions will take place between Monday and Friday from 10 am to 4.00 pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Classes are small and priority will be given to students who:
- Are in Year 12*
- Are currently, or previously, eligible for Free School Meals and/or
- Are the first generation in their family to attend university and/or
- Have experience of care
Students with disabilities area actively encouraged to apply.
*We will consider applications for Year 11 students if they secure the support of their teachers
Please find the application form on the right hand column on this page. If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email: email@example.com