SOAS Scholars: Thinking Globally!
SOAS Scholars is an engaging, innovative, and rigorous outreach programme which widens access to university and supports student success and progression. It is open to students in Year 12, attending state schools or colleges in London.
SOAS Scholars consists of five Saturday sessions (10am to 4pm) taking place on selected dates between October and March. These sessions will consists of a mixture of small group project work with current SOAS students, masterclasses delivered by SOAS lecturers, and study support. Lunch will be provided.
If you take part in the project, you will:
- Explore subjects in interactive sessions with SOAS students
- Experience masterclasses with SOAS lecturers
- Find out more about university
- Develop the skills to do well in your current and future studies
- Be mentored by a SOAS student in an e-mentoring project
- Identify personal goals and work towards them
- Think globally, and enjoy yourself!
Please see the documents below for further information on the project, and please note that the application deadline for 2017 is Friday 29th September.
Pupils with a particular interest in languages are encouraged to apply for the Step-On project also offered by SOAS.