As a unique institution specialising in the study of Asia and Africa, SOAS is a vibrant and exciting place to undertake postgraduate study.
SOAS' rankings in the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (2008) puts us among the top research institutions in the country; 11 SOAS departments had 60% or more of their work ranked at either the highest grade of 4* (world-leading quality) or 3* (internationally excellent).
The 2014 QS World University Rankings placed SOAS sixth in the UK and 32nd in the world for modern languages. It also ranked SOAS 79th in the world for arts and humanities.
The SOAS Library is the national library for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East and holds more than 1.5 million items and extensive electronic resources in more than 400 languages.
SOAS has the largest concentration of specialist staff (400+ academics) concerned with the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East of any university in the world.
SOAS is exceptionally cosmopolitan. Almost half the student body is international giving it the eighth highest percentage of international students at a university in the world (QS).
According to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014 and the Guardian University League Table 2014 we are one of the top 4 universities in London.
Postgraduate Open Evenings
PG Degree Programmes
- A-Z Listing of Taught Masters (PG) Degree Programmes
- Research Degrees (PhD/MPhil)
- Distance Learning Degree Programmes
New Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- MA Gender Studies and Law - Dr Gina Heathcote
- MA Religion in Global Politics - Dr Sian Hawthorne
- MA Buddhist Studies - Dr Antonello Palumbo
- Order a prospectus
- Postgraduate Prospectus Entry 2014/15 (pdf; 14mb)
- Postgraduate Research Prospectus (pdf; 9mb)