There are several ways in which you can get involved with SOAS and current SOAS students once you graduate.
- Provide a Graduate Careers Case Study
- Volunteer for the Take an Alum for Coffee mentoring scheme and meet with students interested in your career and sector
- Exhibit at or host an event such as a Careers Fair, Employer Presentation or Recruiter-in-Residence session
- Come back to speak with students from your department
- Join the SOAS Alumni Network
Looking for careers advice?
SOAS Careers Service is free to all current SOAS students, and to all graduates, both undergraduate and postgraduate, up until 30 September.
After this date, graduates must be GradClub members in order to use our services.
GradClub offers you the chance to extend your access to the careers service for two years for a small single payment. If you join before your free access to the Careers Service expires the price is £25. If you join after that time the price is £55.
You can join GradClub anytime within two years of graduation. However membership only last for two years from the date of graduation. This means that if you join one year after graduation you only get one years membership. Once your membership expires, you are eligible for a 15% discount on The Careers Group C2 Careers services.
Not interested in GradClub?
If you do not wish to join GradClub or are no longer eligible we can recommend C2 Careers, which is a specialised careers advice service for graduates and a part of the Careers Group, University of London.
If you cannot visit us in person, or cannot pay, but still want help with your career, listed below are some resources which may help:
- The Careers Group - Official site for University of London students and graduates
- JobOnline - find permanent vacancies
- Online Careers Library - thousands of useful links hand-picked by careers staff
- Prospects - detailed information on different sectors and roles, profiles of graduate career options, further study information, vacancy listings and country-by-country information