Centre of Jaina Studies
The aim of the Centre of Jaina Studies (COJS) is to promote the study of Jaina religion and culture by providing an interdisciplinary platform for academic research, teaching and publication in the field of Jaina Studies.
The Centre promotes the following activities:
- Research projects in Jaina Studies.
- Dissemination of new research through the Centre's publications and website.
- Academic conferences, workshops, seminars, symposia and exhibitions.
- Public lectures in Jaina Studies by leading scholars.
- Academic exchange programmes.
- Courses on Jainism, and postgraduate research in Jaina Studies at SOAS.
- Expanding the resources relating to Jaina Studies in the SOAS Library.
- Establishing links with individuals and institutions with an academic interest in Jaina Studies.
Attendees of the 14th Jaina Studies Symposium: Biodiversity Conservation and Animal Rights: Religious and Philosophical Perspectives, 22 March 2012
Dr Peter Flügel, Chair, Centre of Jaina Studies, SOAS, University of London, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H OXG
- +44 (0)20 7898 4776