Chinese at SOAS Language CentreSOAS Language Centre provides short course tuition in Chinese (Mandarin) and in Cantonese on weekdays, during the evening, and on Saturday mornings. It also offers a range of intensive and semi-intensive courses during the Easter and summer periods, some of these for specific language-learning requirements (e.g. Chinese for Business; Chinese for the Martial Arts).
Studying Chinese at the SOAS Language Centre
In addition to its short courses, SOAS Language Centre also offers two full-time accredited programmes: the Certificate/Diploma in Communicative Chinese and the Certificate/Diploma in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language.
Chinese is a vibrant section within SOAS Language Centre and the study of Chinese is a popular choice with language learners from all walks of life. Currently, there are around a dozen teachers of Chinese, all of whom have considerable expertise in the teaching of Chinese as a foreign language.
Chinese Language Courses
Certificates and Diplomas
Teacher Training in Chinese
Chinese Short Courses for 2015-2016
- Intermediate (To be advised shortly)
- Upper Intermediate (application by assessment only)
- Advanced (application by assessment only)
Other Short Courses for 2015-2016
- Essential Chinese 1 (not currently available)
- Essential Chinese 2 (not currently available)
- Chinese Beginners 1 - Intensive (not currently available)
- Chinese Beginners 2 - Intensive (not currently available)