Chinese at SOAS Language Centre
SOAS Language Centre in London provides weekday daytime, evening and Saturday language tuition in Mandarin and Cantonese for mother-tongue and non-mother-tongue speakers. We can also offer courses in a number of other major Chinese dialects.
SOAS Language Centre operates the largest non-degree Chinese language programme in the UK. It runs over 120 scheduled courses a year, including both full time and part time courses. We offer Chinese courses of varying intensity and duration to enable students to learn at the pace that suits them most. Each year there are about 1400 registrations on its various Chinese language courses, and SOAS Language Centre has a team of nearly 30 teachers, all of whom are native speakers of Chinese.
Certificates and Diplomas
Teacher Training in Chinese
- Introduction (20 hours)
- Beginners (30 hours)
- Lower Intermediate (24 hours)
- Upper Intermediate (24 hours)
- Advanced (24 hours)
- Proficiency (24 hours) (course details to follow)
- Mandarin for Cantonese Speakers - Not available in 2014/15
- Cantonese Beginners
- Cantonese Lower Intermediate
- Cantonese Upper Intermediate (Course details to follow)
We can also provide individually tailored courses and in-company instruction.