Chinese at SOAS Language CentreSOAS Language Centre provides short course tuition in Chinese (Mandarin) and in Cantonese on weekdays, during the evening, and on Saturday mornings. It also offers a range of intensive and semi-intensive courses during the Easter and summer periods, some of these for specific language-learning requirements (e.g. Chinese for Business; Chinese for the Martial Arts).
Studying Chinese at the SOAS Language Centre
In addition to its short courses, SOAS Language Centre also offers two full-time accredited programmes: the Certificate/Diploma in Communicative Chinese and the Certificate/Diploma in Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language.
Chinese is a vibrant section within SOAS Language Centre and the study of Chinese is a popular choice with language learners from all walks of life. Currently, there are around a dozen teachers of Chinese, all of whom have considerable expertise in the teaching of Chinese as a foreign language.
Chinese Language Courses
Summer Courses 2016
- Chinese for Travel and Tourism 1 Semi-intensive
- Chinese for Travel and Tourism 2 Semi-intensive
- Chinese Beginners 1A Semi-intensive
- Chinese Beginners 1B Semi-intensive
- Chinese Beginners 1 Intensive
- Chinese for the Martial Arts Semi-intensive
- Introduction to Chinese Writing (Brush Strokes)
- Chinese Elementary 1 Semi-intensive
Certificates and Diplomas
Teacher Training in Chinese
Chinese Short Courses for 2015-2016
- Upper Intermediate (application by assessment only)
- Advanced (application by assessment only)