The Library is committed to ensuring that all students can make full use of our services and facilities. We are wheel-chair accessible and offer as much help and support as possible to any user who has a disability, a specific learning difficulty or dyslexia.
For students who register with the Library as a student with a disability, a specific learning difficulty or dyslexia we provide:
- Extended loan periods Double the normal loan period (e.g., 48 hours for overnight loans; 2 weeks for one week loans).
- Flexible loans can be negotiated with your contact.
- Photocopying - your contact can undertake photocopying on your behalf, provided you give 48 hours notice. Photocopying charges will be added to your library record.
- Fetching service - your contact will fetch material from the shelves for you, provided you give 24 hours notice.
- Scanning Service - We provide a scanning service for visually impaired students - Please see the Scanning Service page for more information.
- Mind-mapping and text enhancing software on all student machines.
- Creative Learning Lab for group study with large-screen computers with assistive software installed.
- Quiet study rooms for individual study with assistive software installed.
We can advise on:
- Access to and within the Library
- Appropriate contact persons
- Where to obtain further assistance
It helps us to provide a better service for you if you are able to contact us in advance about any special requirements. Please note that all discussion with the Library will remain completely confidential.
Deputy Customer Services Manager
020 7898 4796
For SOAS staff and students initial referrals, advice and assessments can be made by contacting: