Professor Anne Booth
BA (Wellington), PhD (ANU)
Wellington East Girls College 1959-63
Victoria University of Wellington, 1964-7
Australian National University, Canberra, 1971-4
BA (Honours in Economics), 1968 Vicoria University
PhD (Development Economics) 1976, Australian national University
Dissertation: "The Ipeda Land Tax in Indonesia"
English: Native Speaker
Indonesian: Reading and speaking ability
- Economic Assistant, Department of the Environment, United Kingdom, 1968-71
- Postgraduate Student: Australian National University, 1971-74
- Consultant: National Planning Programme, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, 1975
- Visiting Lecturer: Hasanuddin University, Ujung Pandang, 1976
- Lecturer: Department of Economics, University of Singapore, 1976-9
- Research Fellow: Department of Economics, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, Canberra 1979-84
- Senior Research Fellow: Department of Economics, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, Canberra 1984-91
- Chief Technical Adviser, Employment Creation Strategy Project, International Labour Organisation, Jakarta: April 1988-April 1989 (On leave from the Australian National University)
- Consultant, World Bank Mission to Indonesia, February, 1978, on Problems and Prospecst of the Foodcrop Sector
- Consultant, Overseas Development Administration (United Kingdom) and Dept of Finance (Jakarta) on Central-Local Contributions to the Financing of Agricultural Development December, 1980 to February, 1981. Participated in seminars on central-regional financial relations held under the auspices of the Indonesian Dept of Finance, Jakarta in August, 1980 and November, 1981.
- Participated in World Bank Mission to Bangladesh, September-October 1985, and prepared a report on prospects for mobilising more revenues from the agricultural sector.
- Chief Technical Officer, Employment Creation Strategy Project, ILO/UNDP Jakarta 1988/89. In this capacity I was responsible for commissioning a series of reports on aspects of employment strategy in Indonesia; I also prepared two reports myself on employment in agriculture, and an overview report.
- Team Leader, ILO/UNDP Comprehensive Mission on Employment Strategy and Human Resource Development, Papua New Guinea, 1992. Edited final report published by ILO/ARTEP, 1993
ResearchA comparative study of trends in living standards in South East Asia in the 20th century. Decentralization and development in South East Asia with special reference to Indonesia.
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email email@example.com
- Special Study Programmes
- Short Term Consultancy
- Long Term Consultancy
- South East Asia