Dr Randa Alami
- Karshenas, M., Moghadam, V. M., & Alami, R. (2014). Social Policy after the Arab Spring: States and Social Rights in the MENA Region. World Development, 64, 726-739.
- "Official external debt: Perspectives from the experience of Arab countries", Middle Eastern Studies, Vol.39, No.3, July 2003, pp.99-126.
- "Military debt: Perspectives from the experience of Arab countries" Defence and Peace Economics, 2002, Vol.13 (1), pp.13-30.
Chapters in books
- “Healthcare in MENA: policies for inclusive development”, forthcoming (2015), in Christiansen, B and M. Erdogdu, Comparative Economic Perspectives on Europe and the MENA Region, IGI Global, Michigan.
- “Do GCC stock markets support their domestic economies: an analytical overview?”, in Woertz, E., GCC Financial Markets, Gulf Research Centre, Dubai, May 2011.
- “Natural Gas in Kuwait and Bahrain”, chapter in Natural Gas in the Middle East and North Africa, Oxford University Press, April 2011.
- “The Debt Experiences Of Uganda, Kenya And Bolivia” and “The debt experiences of Argentina and Korea”, in Compendium on Debt Sustainability and Development, UNCTAD 2009 (contributing editor)
- Health, social policy and inclusive growth in MENA. Working Paper 188. Economics Dept, SOAS April 2014
- On the current links between capital markets and investments in MENA countries, Working Paper 163 (April 2009), SOAS, presented at the 10th Mediterranean Research Meeting, European University Institute, March 2009.
- Egypt’s Domestic Natural Gas Industry, Working Paper NG12, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2006.
- Changing Financial Structures In the Arab World: Some Implications for Oil and Gas, Working Paper F10, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Oxford, April 2005.
- Financial Aspects of Arab Power Development, Working Paper F9, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Oxford, January 2005.
Contributions to publications
- Inclusive growth in MENA: Employment and Poverty in a Comparative Context – FEMISE Research Report n°FEM35-16. (May 2014) – with Professors Hakimian and Karshenas, Dr Said, Dr Rashed (contributing author)
- Social Policy in ESCWA Region Post-Arab Spring, Economic Commission for Western Asia (contributing author), Beirut, December 2011/January 2012
- Price Barriers to the Entry of Substitutes for Saudi Oil’, OIES Private Report for Saudi Aramco, February 2004, (contributing author).
- “Long-term sustainability for HIPCs: How to respond to shocks”, with Dr Martin (main author), Debt Relief International, December 2000.
- Women’s Incomes over the Lifetime: a report to the Women’s Unit, Cabinet Office, The Stationary Department, London, 2000 (contributing author)