Ms Emily Jones
LLB (LSE), MA (UCL)
- Ms Emily Jones
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- A Feminist analysis of Sovereignty in International Law
This thesis aims to push at the boundaries/limits of feminist approaches to international law through applying continental/French feminist philosophy. The test site for this project is sovereignty. Thus, this thesis also aims to provide a more in depth analysis of sovereignty in international law from a feminist perspective.
- 'Discussing Sovereignty in Conversation with Professor Judith Butler' - PhD seminar held by the London Review of International Law, LSE - 05/02/15
- ‘Towards a feminine morphology of/in international law’ – Society for Women in Philosophy Ireland Annual Conference, University College Dublin – 21/11/2014
- ‘Using Irigaray to push at International Law’s Boundaries: the Sovereign State’ – Working with Luce Irigaray International Seminar, Bristol University – 09/06/2014
- ‘Vulnerable Subjectivity: redefining law’s body’ - PECANS Workshop on Vulnerability, Newcastle University - 22/11/13
- ‘How useful is international human rights law for women?’ - Women’s New World with Dr. Shere Hite: In celebration of International Women’s Day, University College London - 15/03/12
Emily is currently a Visiting Researcher at l'École de Droit de Sciences Po, Paris.