Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Ms Heidi Tan
- Email address:
- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Thesis title:
- Curating the Sacred: Pagoda Museums in Myanmar
- Year of Study:
Working through comparative museology, this research to studies the context of the 'pagoda museum' in Myanmar. The activities of these institutions - essentially lay Buddhist forms of merit-making – and how these might constitute ‘curatorial’ behaviours, provides a basis for current fieldwork.
Published works include
- Enlightened Ways. The Many Streams of Buddhist Art in Thailand, Singapore: Asian Civilisations Museum, 2012. A
- rticles on exhibiting Southeast Asian Buddhist art and the evolving pagoda museum in Myanmar at Buddhistdoor.com.
- Convenor: "Curating Southeast Asia" ASEASUK, 16-18 Sept. 2016 "
- Curating the lives of the Alodawpyi Buddha" in Myanmar. UKABS, 19 Sept. 2016
- Alphawood Foundation