Visas and immigration


Depending on your nationality and current UK immigration status you may need to apply for a Student visa or a Standard Visitor Visa to study at SOAS.

You can use the UK Government’s visa checking tool to find out which type of visa you may need and if you must apply for your visa before travelling to the UK. There are three relevant categories of visas suitable for studying at SOAS:

EU, EEA and Swiss nationals (and family members) may be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. For most people, the deadline to apply for the first time was 30 June 2021.  Refer to GOV.UK for eligibility criteria and to check if you are still eligible to apply.