How to apply for accommodation
Students are advised to check their emails and junk mail daily to avoid missing information or an offer for accommodation - there are short deadlines for accommodation acceptance.
Students coming for the first time to SOAS for 23/24 academic year (including those coming through Clearing) are strongly advised to apply for their accommodation before 10:00 AM UK Time on Monday 21 August to have a better opportunity to secure accommodation for September - our rooms are filling fast. If you're coming to SOAS through clearing, please use your UCAS applicant number in the housing application.
- Students who are attending SOAS for 22/23 academic year can apply for accommodation at Bonham Carter & WH only at this time. You must select all 3 options at this hall for your application to be processed. Please ensure you read carefully the internet provision notice in this building website. Other accommodation may be offered at a much later date to current students who remain on our waiting list, but you are strongly advised not to wait for this option as SOAS cannot guarantee that any rooms at all will be available.
Applicants will be prompted to create a user account for the first time to access the application portal. Please ensure to select what year of study will be started September 2023.
How to apply
Please read the full instructions below before you access our application portal to avoid your application not being fully processed.
- You must be a full-time SOAS student to be able to apply.
- You must have firmly accepted an offer to study at SOAS, conditional or unconditional. SOAS will not offer accommodation to students holding SOAS as an insurance offer.
- Please visit our accommodation portfolio to select your accommodation options. You will be required to select 3 options which you are prepared to accept if offered. Please do not select accommodation which is beyond your budget. Carefully consider whether you require catered, non-catered, ensuite, studio, or shared housing. SOAS will aim to offer housing from one of your three choices, based on availability. Please note if you do not respond, reject, or miss the acceptance deadline for allocated accommodation, it may not be possible to make a further offer.
- Accommodation offers are not secured until the contract with the provider is signed, and the relevant deposit paid. The deadline to accept the accommodation is short, and you are advised to check your emails daily for any housing allocations and information from the accommodation office to avoid missing your housing offer. It may not be possible to reinstate missed accommodation offers.
- If you have stayed for two academic years at Dinwiddy House or Paul Robeson House, you will not be re-admitted and you should select three new preferences. Dinwiddy House is a hall for 1st Year Undergraduate students only.
- The following students should contact the Accommodation Office prior applying to discuss your options:
Applicants are advised to read the following instructions carefully to ensure the application progresses smoothly and quickly through the SOAS application portal
When to apply
You can apply once you have firmly accepted your offer of a place at SOAS. SOAS have negotiated special rates for our students with our accommodation partners and the current accommodation options can be found above, although there may be new additions to the portfolio during the application period.
There is no closing date for applications, but you are advised to apply early.