How to apply for accommodation
URGENT - Current SOAS Students PLEASE READ
Current students refers to those students already at SOAS for this academic year 22/23 and not those who are intending to come for 23/24 and arriving in September 2023.
From the 17 May 2023: current students who apply for accommodation after 23:59 on the 16 May 2023 will NOT be prioritised for housing.
Current students who apply after this deadline will be advised and directed to seek alternative housing options outside of the SOAS accommodation portfolio. This will include a referral to the University of London Housing Service who offers registered and vetted properties and landlords and a contract checking service.
Accommodation may be offered at a much later date to current students who remain on our waiting list, but you are strongly advised not to wait for this option as SOAS cannot guarantee that any rooms will be available.
Students who applied before this deadline will still be considered for housing, but are also advised to seek alternative housing to avoid delays and non-selected options being offered.
How to apply
Please read the full instructions below before you access our application portal to avoid your application not being fully processed.
- You must be a full-time SOAS student to be able to apply.
- You must have firmly accepted an offer to study at SOAS, conditional or unconditional. SOAS will not offer accommodation to students holding SOAS as an insurance offer.
- Please visit our accommodation portfolio to select your accommodation options. You will be required to select 3 options which you are prepared to accept if offered. Please do not select accommodation which is beyond your budget. Carefully consider whether you require catered, non-catered, ensuite, studio, or shared housing. SOAS will aim to offer housing from one of your three choices, based on availability. Please note if you do not respond, reject, or miss the acceptance deadline for allocated accommodation, it may not be possible to make a further offer.
- Accommodation offers are not secured until the contract with the provider is signed, and the relevant deposit paid. The deadline to accept the accommodation is short, and you are advised to check your emails daily for any housing allocations and information from the accommodation office to avoid missing your housing offer. It may not be possible to reinstate missed accommodation offers.
- If you have stayed for two academic years at Dinwiddy House or Paul Robeson House, you will not be re-admitted and you should select three new preferences. Dinwiddy House is a hall for 1st Year Undergraduate students only.
- The following students should contact the Accommodation Office prior applying to discuss your options:
- Female only accommodation
- Students requiring adapted accommodation
- Students with partners
- Students with children
- Anyone Under 18 for any part of the academic year
Applicants are advised to read the following instructions carefully to ensure the application progresses smoothly and quickly through the SOAS application portal
Types of applicants
Our application portal is now open.
Applicants will be prompted to create a user account for the first time to access the application portal. Please ensure to select what year of study will be started September 2023.