Professor Anne Booth
Wellington East Girls College 1959-63
Victoria University of Wellington, 1964-7
Australian National University, Canberra, 1971-4
BA (Honours in Economics), 1968 Vicoria University
PhD (Development Economics) 1976, Australian national University
Dissertation: "The Ipeda Land Tax in Indonesia"
English: Native Speaker
Indonesian: Reading and speaking ability
- Economic Assistant, Department of the Environment, United Kingdom, 1968-71
- Postgraduate Student: Australian National University, 1971-74
- Consultant: National Planning Programme, University of Indonesia, Jakarta, 1975
- Visiting Lecturer: Hasanuddin University, Ujung Pandang, 1976
- Lecturer: Department of Economics, University of Singapore, 1976-9
- Research Fellow: Department of Economics, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, Canberra 1979-84
- Senior Research Fellow: Department of Economics, Research School of Pacific Studies, Australian National University, Canberra 1984-91
- Chief Technical Adviser, Employment Creation Strategy Project, International Labour Organisation, Jakarta: April 1988-April 1989 (On leave from the Australian National University)
- Consultant, World Bank Mission to Indonesia, February, 1978, on Problems and Prospecst of the Foodcrop Sector
- Consultant, Overseas Development Administration (United Kingdom) and Dept of Finance (Jakarta) on Central-Local Contributions to the Financing of Agricultural Development December, 1980 to February, 1981. Participated in seminars on central-regional financial relations held under the auspices of the Indonesian Dept of Finance, Jakarta in August, 1980 and November, 1981.
- Participated in World Bank Mission to Bangladesh, September-October 1985, and prepared a report on prospects for mobilising more revenues from the agricultural sector.
- Chief Technical Officer, Employment Creation Strategy Project, ILO/UNDP Jakarta 1988/89. In this capacity I was responsible for commissioning a series of reports on aspects of employment strategy in Indonesia; I also prepared two reports myself on employment in agriculture, and an overview report.
- Team Leader, ILO/UNDP Comprehensive Mission on Employment Strategy and Human Resource Development, Papua New Guinea, 1992. Edited final report published by ILO/ARTEP, 1993