International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies
As one of the most international universities in the world, SOAS places great value on our global community and on supporting students from outside of the UK.
We offer a range of programmes to prepare international students for degree study at SOAS, including programmes designed to improve academic English skills, and short courses on a range of subjects across the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Based on the SOAS Campus in Central London, IFCELS students have access to the world renowned SOAS Library and the 200+ clubs and societies run by the SOAS Students’ Union.
SOAS Online Store
You can now request and pay for a range of IFCELS services through the IFCELS Online Store. Please click to access the IFCELS Online Store
The following types of service and items are available:
- Express Delivery: if you want us to send you a letter or transcript using a traceable Courier (e.g. DHL/FedEx)
- Transcripts and/or Leaver's Certificate(s). Please ensure you give us a full destination address and contact tel. no.
- Extra copies of Transcripts or Leaver's Certificates
IFCELS Mission Statement
To support the SOAS Mission by recruiting and progressing students who will go on to make a difference in their communities and in the world, IFCELS endeavours to:
- prepare non-UK students to a high level academically and linguistically for UG/PG study at SOAS in a supportive and nurturing study environment, in order to optimise student experience, retention and success
- offer academic qualifications which are recognised for entry to degree programmes in the UK
- provide linguistic and study skills support for Non-Native English Speakers on or preparing for SOAS degrees
- provide study abroad opportunities (fee paying and exchange) for International students with an intermediate level of English
- offer study abroad and other short course students a taster of SOAS’ environment, community, academic disciplines and approach to study
- be leaders in innovative and high quality teaching and to work collaboratively in learning and teaching with academic departments and the Centre for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at SOAS
- seek non-core opportunities commensurate with the ethos of the Department and the School, such as teacher training, delivering bespoke courses and consultancy, which will promote and enhance the reputation of SOAS and generate revenue
- contribute to SOAS’ financial sustainability