If you would like to develop a particular area of your business or to facilitate success and increase productivity, but you’re not yet ready to recruit a new permanent member of staff, then taking on a student intern may be the ideal solution. Any organisation can also advertise a position free of charge via CareersZONE where you can advertise your vacancy to Careers Group Colleges (including UCL, Goldsmiths, St Mary's and City) as well as SOAS.
Please note: all vacancies and opportunities advertised through SOAS must abide by The Careers Group policies and statements.
Why SOAS students?
SOAS’s unique combination of language scholarship, regional focus and disciplinary expertise means our students are exceptionally well equipped for entering a globalised workforce. Our students are specialists in the languages, laws, literature, cultures, customs, economics and politics of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They are also dynamic and engaged citizens, taking part in a number of extra-curricular activities alongside academic studies. Participation in student societies and student enterprise initiatives is high and there is a thriving culture of volunteering. SOAS students move on to a variety of sectors and organisations once they have graduated, including city law firms, major banks in the UK and overseas, international development organisations, government offices and charities.
Added value for employers offering internships:
- Allows you to access specialist skills for a relatively low cost.
- Allows you to identify quality talent early.
- Will raise your profile on campus through word of mouth.
- Provides new ideas and enthusiasm.
- Enables you to assess whether there is a need for a role on a longer-term basis.
- The placement student/graduate could become a future full-time employee - a ‘try before you buy’ approach to recruitment.
If you are interested in offering a placement or internship and would like more information, please email email@example.com.