PGDip/PGCert in Policy Studies (Distance Learning)
- 1-year (Max. 3-years)
- Start of programme
- October / January / April / June
- Attendance mode
- Distance learning (part-time)
- Course code
- Entry requirements
A recognised UK Bachelor's degree, or international equivalent, in finance, economics, or another appropriate discipline. Qualifications in other subjects will be assessed on their merits. Your application may be considered if you have previous education and experience, equivalent to a degree-level qualification, which includes suitable preliminary training. All international applicants must be able to show that their English is of a high enough standard to successfully engage with and complete their course at SOAS.
Formulated for people working in policy-making and advisory capacities, the Postgraduate Diploma in Policy Studies / PG Cert in Public Policy provides an overview of the variety of approaches to public policy and management from a historical and comparative perspective.
The modules move through techniques of policy analysis and implementation to discussion of particular policy issues. The module materials cover a range of policy issues and a variety of socio-economic contexts, levels of government and regime types.
Why study PGCert / PGDip Policy Studies at SOAS?
- SOAS is ranked 38th in the UK for Accounting and Finance (Complete University Guide 2023).
- We're ranked 6th in UK for graduate employability (QS World University Rankings 2023).
- Develop skills in analysis, critical thinking and communication to improve your professional development and career prospects.
- Gain an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy.
- We are specialists in the delivery of more than 40 African and Asian languages. As the economies of the Global South continue to expand, knowledge of another language and other cultures will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade.
If you have any further questions about the overall programme content and its suitability for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course module information is available on the CeFIMS website, please visit:
- PG Dip in Policy Studies listing (four modules).
- PG Cert in Public Policy course listing (two modules).
The information on the programme page reflects the intended programme structure against the given academic session. If you are a current student you can find structure information on the previous year link at the top of the page or through your Department.
Please read the important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules.
Fees and funding
- PG Dip: £7,280
- PG Cert: £3,640
See online and distance learning fees for further information.
Full information on fees and payment options is also available on CeFiMS fees page.
Graduates in Public Policy Studies are likely to work in government, at national and sub-national levels, both as politicians and officials, within international organisations offering help to governments, in consultancies in public sector analysis and reform, and in NGOs operating in development and service delivery fields
Find out about our Careers Service.