The information published on these pages shows:
The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
It shows these numbers by reference to:
- the gender of the individuals to which they relate
- their ethnicity
- their socioeconomic background.
Transparency 2022 information: Attainment of 2020-21 qualifiers
Provider: The School of Oriental and African Studies
|EIMD 2019 quintile||1 and 2||86%|
|3 to 5||92%|
|N/A||Not applicable as no applicants to this mode of study|
|N||24 or fewer students in this population|
|DP||Data suppressed for data protection reasons|
Full Return Information
SOAS University of London Transparency 2022 information: Attainment of 2021-20 qualifiers
Full return including:
- Table 1a Attainment 2020-21 - This worksheet contains table 1a which relates to attainment at the provider. This table presents the percentage of classified first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristics for 2020-21 qualifiers.
- Table 1b Attainment 2020-21 - This worksheet contains table 1b which relates to attainment at the provider. This table presents detailed information on attainment by characteristics for 2020-21 qualifiers.
- Rounding and suppression - Details of the rounding and suppression rules applied to tables.
Transparency Tables 2022
PDF document, 201.60KB
Transparency 2022 information: Rounding and suppression
The data contained in the tables in this workbook have been rounded and suppressed as follows:
- Numerators and denominators have been rounded to the nearest 10. Where the numerator or denominator rounds to 20 or less, the data are suppressed with an "N".
- Percentages are rounded according to the smallest, unsuppressed denominator in a given mode and characteristic. If the denominator rounds to:
- 50 or less: percentages are rounded to 5%
- 1000 or less: percentages are rounded to 1%
- More than 1000: percentages are rounded to 0.1%
- "N/A" is displayed where there is no provision in a given mode or level
- "DP" indicates suppression for data protection reasons. This is applied where the numerator is two or less, or differs from the denominator by no more than two students.