Mr Hang Zhou
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- BA (Sichuan University), BA (Paris-X Nanterre), MA (Uppsala), Master 2 Recherche (EHESS-Paris)
- Email address
- Thesis title
- Bring African Bureaucracies back in: Negotiations and Implementation of Chinese Development Engagement in Uganda
Hang Zhou is currently a PhD candidate at School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. He is also a current fellow with the Global Governance Futures – Robert Bosch Foundation Multilateral Dialogues program (GGF 2030 -- working group ""Futures of Global Order""). Prior to enrolling at SOAS, he worked consecutively as research assistant and researcher in the China and Global Security Program at Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (2012-2015), with a focus on China’s foreign policy and China-Africa relations. He later worked as program officer at the China and the Developing World Program at Oxfam Hong Kong (2015).
He earned his master’s degrees in peace and conflict studies from Uppsala University, Sweden and étude comparative du développement from École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS-Paris). He holds his bachelor’s degrees in international politics from Sichuan University, China and political science from Université Paris-X Nanterre.
- Everyday State in Africa
- South-South Relations
- Development Cooperation and Aid
- Emerging Donors in Africa
- Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding